Sports Board Punjab, on the directions of Director General Sports Punjab Adnan Arshad Aulakh, announced the schedule of 20 male and female games slated to be staged from August 2 to 30, 2021 at various venues of Punjab province in connection with 75th Independence Day of the country.
Director General Sports Punjab Adnan Arshad Aulakh has already discussed and finalized key modalities of the Independence Day sports events with the representatives of all sports associations of the province in a largely-attended meeting at National Hockey Stadium.
In this regard, Director General Sports Punjab Adnan Arshad Aulakh in a statement said: “We will be able to conduct Independence Day sports events in a more appropriate way by involving all sports associations of the province”.
Director General Sports Punjab Adnan Arshad Aulakh revealed that Sports Board Punjab is going to organize 9-team First Women National Independence Day Hockey Cup 2021 on this auspicious occasion. “The teams from Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, KPK, Islamabad, Army, Railways, Wapda and HEC are taking part in this grand hockey event,” he added.
Director General Sports Punjab Adnan Arshad Aulakh informed that male and female athletes will demonstrate their talent in 100m, 200m, 400m, Long Jump, Javelin Throw, Discus Throw, Shot Put, 110m Hurdles (M), 100m Hurdles (F) athletics competitions on August 12, 2021 at NPSC Punjab Stadium. “Sports Board Punjab is also organsing athletics competitions of Wheel Chair race, Deaf & Dump 100m, 50m, Mentally-retarded persons, 50m Disabled persons, 50m Blind, She-male race, Optical race (Chati race) for Special Persons and she-male players on the same day”.
Following is the schedule of SBP Independence Day sports events:
Sr No Game Events Date Venue
1. Basketball (M) Team event 2-4 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
2. Lawn Tennis Single, double 5 Aug Punjab Int’l Tennis Stadium
3. Archery (M & F) 70m Individual 5-6 Aug Shehnaz Sheikh Hockey
30m Team event Stadium, Rawalpindi
4. Table Tennis (M & F) Single, double 6 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
5. Roller Hockey/Skating ----------- 8 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
6. Volleyball (M) Team event 9 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
7. Badminton (M & F) Single, double 10 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
8. Swimming (M & F) Junior & Sr Age Group 11 Aug Punjab Swimming Complex
9. Athletics (M & F) Nine events 12 Aug NPSC Punjab Stadium
10. Athletics (Special Persons, Shemales) 12 Aug NPSC Punjab Stadium
11. Cycling (M & F) Individual & Team event 13 Aug Cycling Velodrome NPSC
12. Football Quaid XI vs Iqbal XI 14 Aug NPSC Punjab Stadium
13. Hockey (M & F) Team event 14 Aug National & Mini Hockey Stadium
14. Cricket match SBP XI vs Media XI 16 Aug LCCA Cricket ground
15. Pentathlon (M & F) Laser Shooting and Run 21 Aug NPSC Punjab Stadium
16. Weightlifting (M) Eight weight categories 22 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
17. Powerlifting (F) Eight weight categories 23 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
18. Kick-Boxing Eight weight categories 24 Aug NPSC outside Punjab Stadium
19. Snooker ---------- 24 Aug NPSC Gymnasium Hall
20. Hockey (F) (Team Event) 25-30 Aug National Hockey Stadium.